South East Area
Upcoming SEA Rally in New Orleans, LA April 15-18, 2015.
Updated SEA rally info:
- All of the information is posted on NASCOE’s Southeast Area page. Visit www.seanascoe.org for forms.
- Flat rate cab fare from Airport to hotel is $33.00 for (2) people, additional $14.00 for each person; The airport shuttle is $20.00 for (1) person but makes multiple stops before reaching your destination; Cab fare from Amtrak terminal is approximately $15.00 to hotel.
- Thursday Tours: Grayline Shuttle for Swamp & Bayou tour departs hotel lobby at 9:00 a.m. Minimal walking on Swamp tour. Enjoy the ride! Grayline shuttle for the French Quarter historical walking tour departs hotel lobby at 9:15 a.m. Wear comfortable shoes! Grayline Shuttle for Hurricane Katrina Tour departs hotel lobby at 12:00 noon. Minimal walking required. Enjoy the ride!
- Additional rooms have been added for Wednesday night. If you had to make your reservation outside of the block for Wednesday (only) at $259, call now and change it to within the SEA NASCOE block for $151.00. Call 800-305-6342.
- There will be no extra charge for additional occupancies unless a rollaway bed is requested and then it’s $30.00 more a night. The rollaway cannot be placed in a room with 2 double beds. They are only able to fit in King rooms. Plan accordingly when booking.
- You can view the tour descriptions on the tour link, but the “purchase ticket” icon for the tours will not work on the gov’t computer. Forward it to your home computer to purchase tour tickets online. Or, complete the tour registration form and mail it directly to Grayline NOLA Steamboat Company, along with a check. Deadline for tour registrations is March 31st.
- Meet us in the Alley! Thursday evening is a fun meet & greet social at a posh bowling boutique close to the hotel. We need 4 teams with 8 players each. You can plan a team in advance or join a team when you arrive. We have a nice social area reserved for drinks and appetizers for everyone else to visit, and enjoy watching the bowlers. This event is free with an advanced purchase of our 2015 Southeast Area Rally Jazzin’ Up NASCOE t-shirt.
- Friday we have national FSA key-note speakers and benefit provider training. Friday night is our group dinner and dance with scholarship auctions. Please plan to attend to help us meet our hotel minimum food and beverage charges and support the scholarship fund!
- Saturday we have NASCOE & NAFEC speakers and meetings. Saturday evening is the requested Ghosts & Spirits tour. Please purchase tickets in advance through Grayline Steamboat link or registration form. Our Ghosts & Spirits tour departs from the Grayline info desk on the 1st floor of the Jax Brewery, Toulouse St. entrance. Please arrive by 7:15 p.m. wearing comfortable shoes.
- Parking at our hotel is $38.00 (including tax) per day with in and out privileges. Another option is The Fulton Parking garage (covered) for $ 20.00 a night (currently) one block away with no in and out privileges. You will not need your car in the city. A car in the city is more of a burden than an asset. Parking is difficult.
- Don’t forget to check the Amtrak routes and fares for traveling to New Orleans from your area. There is also the Megabus in participating cities.
- The hotel is located in the vibrant Arts/Warehouse district in downtown New Orleans and housed in a renovated 19th century cotton mill. Fulton St Square offers a newly revitalized entertainment area of chic restaurants, retail establishments, and cozy music clubs. The one block long pedestrian-only Fulton Street Mall area offers visitors an exciting night out on the town within very close proximity of our hotel.
- Enjoy nearby famous restaurants like Drago’s, Manning’s, Mulate’s, Ruth Chris Steak House, and Ernst Café. Harrah’s Casino is close by. The Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk is across the street for shopping and an affordable food court with riverfront dining that will be perfect for our lunch breaks.
- There is a convenience store within the block and a Starbuck’s in the hotel.
- We are about 10 blocks away from the French Quarter . It’s about a 3 minute walk to the nearest streetcar access (Riverfront streetcar) which runs every 15 minutes. It will take you to the FQ in about five minutes. The streetcar is $1.25 for a one-way fare or you can get a 3-day pass for $9.00; or $8 per person cab ride to the FQ; or $5 per person pedi-cab ride for the first 6 blocks, $1 per person for each additional block; or a 10-15 minute walk to the French Quarter.