AN ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IS THE STRENGTH OF NASCOE
Membership is Important!
WHAT COULD I GAIN BY BECOMING A MEMBER?
- Being part of the team that works for protecting our jobs, benefits and fair treatment of County Office Employees.
- Ability to work with Management through our negotiation process
- Upward mobility for all CO employees even to GS positions
- Close fellowship with other county office employees for a vast network of support
- Voice in formulation of programs and benefits with Congress through a strong Legislative process including use of PAC
WHAT COULD I LOSE BY NOT SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP?
- Our Benefits
- Equal/fair treatment
- Jobs as budget continues to dictate our number of employees to serve our customers
- FSA and the programs we support for our customers. Negotiation process with management.
- Our united voice for a strong message to management to protect what is needed to serve our customers.
- Our retirement benefits as much of the work force gets closer to retirement
- IF NOT NASCOE WHO WOULD BE THERE FOR US?
Membership Drive Contest (New!)
NASCOE Memorial Presentation:
NASCOE Memorial Form 2016. This is for the memorial done at the NASCOE Convention for members who passed away during the year.
Thank you to our own Andrea Stafford, TN, for her time and dedication in putting this memorial together.
TASCOE MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Virginia Johnson, Chair – Henry
* Shawn Rice – Dekalb/Cannon
* Retta Ellenburg – Wilson
* Kim Lowery – Gibson
Membership Committee Chairperson Duties
The TASCOE Membership Committee Chairperson is responsible for providing leadership in the effort to promote and maintain high levels of membership in TASCOE. The Membership Chairperson will be responsible for identifying and resolving percentage of membership problems as they occur.
Membership Committee Responsibilities:
He/She is responsible for coordinating the effort to contact every non-member County Office Employee in the state.
Membership Committee Chairperson is responsible for producing and maintaining membership reports.
Membership Committee Chairperson shall utilize the NASCOE website and membership page for ideas on increasing membership.
He/She shall keep associate members informed of all membership activity.
Membership Committee Chairperson is responsible for creating a “New Member’s Packet” to be sent to all Non-Members.
Involves committee members by delegating and assigning various tasks such as research, tracking, and/or article writing
Makes written, and verbal when required, reports of committee work and makes reports available to the Publicity Chair, Secretary-Treasurer, and President
Attends TASCOE meetings
Communicates information to the membership through TASCOE newsletters and the TASCOE website